Sunday, October 28, 2012

road trip pyrex finds

Last month I went on a three-week road trip to celebrate the release of my new craft business book. Along the way I didn't do as much thrifting as you might've expected (mainly because I recently quit my job to go freelance!). But I did make a few Pyrex finds:



The beautiful pink-on-white gooseberry casserole with lid was a gift from my friend Jessica, who is a master thrifter. The larger spring blossom casserole with white lid I found at a junk shop for $6. Last week I found two small yellow square dip bowls from the chip and dip set for $2 each.


On my road trip, I stopped by the Corning Museum of Glass, which was awesome. I stayed near Pyrex Street, no joke!





I spent a lot of time at the museum and its library doing research on Pyrex. :)

I was fully intending on taking it easy on Pyrex acquisitions now that I'm funemployed, but then I found this casserole with lid and holder today at my local St. Vincent De Paul for $7. I've never encountered this gold on green pattern before -- can anyone identify it?



grace

My previous posts:

8 comments:

  1. I don't know what the green on gold piece is, but it's so cool! Great find. And pyrex St?! So sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's A Golden Wreath 043 ;D Love your other two pieces as well.
    I have a small collection here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vividfelicitybyveronicaam/7140053357/in/set-72157628078146782

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pyrex St - cool!

    Always love pink Gooseberry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to move on Pyrex Street and work at the Corning Museum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this post! As someone who too collects Pryex of the vintage variety, I was thrilled to see this! I have found some of my best finds at garage sales and flea markets. I hope to share some of my newest finds with you soon. Have a great week!

    Strive to thrive,
    Em
    http://www.thriving-wives.com/2012/10/garage-salen-goddess.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Pyrex but due to space, can't have much so I enjoy it all through your blog! Happy to see the green and gold identified...heading over to look at her collection next! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower! Thanks for sharing your love of Pyrex!

    chris

    ReplyDelete