Sunday, December 30, 2012

White Pyrex

I just about passed this one by - have you seen white Pyrex before?   At first, I thought it might have been a piece that had spent a bit too much time in the dishwasher, it only cost 50 cents so I bought it and after researching, I find  it really is a piece of  Pyrex and it's called white or opal white - there's a full set of mixing bowls - this is the little 401....   And, if you care to see the beautiful Pyrex I got for Christmas - come on over to my blog - it really is a sight to behold - to me anyways!!


Pyrex 401 Opal /White Mixing Bowl


9 comments:

  1. Is there a certain way to know whether or not it is a dishwashered beyond repair piece or an actual white opal? I spotted a white bowl at SVDP the other day and passed it by because I thought it had been dishwashered. I may have to go back and check it out.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is not a speck of other color on it anywhere, i looked it up on Pyrex Love and found the set on Flickr, i think this is a true white one!

      Delete
    2. The one I found.. once.. had no Pyrex stamp on the back, looked it up when I got home, turns out, the true opal ones, don't have a Pyrex stamp on the back. Was too far to go back to go buy it, wish I had internet access on my phone!

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PYREX-NESTING-MIXING-BOWLS-COMPLETE-SET-OF-4-ORIGINAL-OPAL-WHITE-/121044749294?

      Delete
    3. I bet you kicked yourself for leaving that bowl behind! This one does have the regular Pyrex stamp on the bottom, still a unique find! It's a cute little bowl!

      Delete
    4. I wanted to punch myself in the face.

      But oh well, I wasn't educated back then. Hopefully it made someone happy!

      Delete
  2. Awesome, I really like the white Pyrex...it is really nice and goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score for 50 cents! Looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete