Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Away Means Pyrex Purchases!!

We went to visit our daughter this past weekend - I think we probably checked out about 8 antique warehouses and a few Value Village stores along the way.  There is just so much Pyrex out there - a lot of it is WAY too expensive - not within my budget, that's for sure...


It's such fun to come upon a display like this but not so great when you look closer at the prices..


Those prices are just too high - $20 is my limit for a piece and I even have trouble with paying that - it has to be something I really want.  I was lucky enough to find a Mod Kitchen the other week at Value Village for $3.99 - no lid but one of those will turn up. 

Needless to say, I didn't buy anything at this booth or even in this shop but I did get some real nice pieces -


It was a beautiful day yesterday for outside pictures - they're just so much nicer outside.  I found these 402 bowls at a Value Village, $3.99 each. 


At the same Value Village I found this set of Homestead bowls - $1.99, $2.99, $3.99 - someone must have been getting rid of their Pyrex - I've never seen that many pieces at one store and I left some behind for someone else!!

I have other treasures to share - namely, more Pyrex and a few other things - come over to my my blog and see what my new favorite piece of Pyrex is!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the number of people who have found the Mod Kitchen at Value Village! I've had no such luck so finally broke down and bought it online (although with shipping it only came to $20...not cheap, but I convinced myself that it was sort of reasonable).

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have luck at VV. Sigh.

    That display was drool-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those prices outrageous? They must sell at those prices, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. No, I much prefer thrifting, it's all about the thrill of the chase for me!

    ReplyDelete