Friday, February 10, 2012

Resistance is Futile

 If you've followed my previous posts you know that I stick firmly to my self imposed rule of only collecting Aqua, Orange and Daisy/Citrus Yellow.


I broke my own rule.



How could I resist? It's the special grass green color that I've only seen two pieces in (The crazy quilt and this utility dish).

Here's out it looks with the rest of my collection, it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, just kind of blends in to the aqua.


(Sorry for the bad lighting. My overhead kitchen light is out)


I'm so glad they didn't make a whole collection in this color, otherwise I might be in trouble.

12 comments:

  1. I have the same piece! I love how happy the grn is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same one too but mine came with a round lid. It is such a beautiful shade of green. One of my favorites! Yours looks great with your other pieces by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. limes are citrus too! love your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes resistance is futile! Pyrexia is a complex disease, you never know where it will take you.

    I would jump on that green Pyrex if I ever saw one, I swear!

    Cool score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same one. The color is so bright and vivid. I love the way you've paired it with your orange and aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your entire nook, everything in there is great. I have the crazy quilt and it's my favorite piece in my whole collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found the same dish last week, I'm calling it kelly green, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I know THE FEELING! I usually strive to collect only Tuquoise, chartuse green, flamingo pink, and yellow. but every now and then I find a piece I just HAVE to give into!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell the size , is it really small the size of a coffee mug maybe 1 cup?

    the color looks great with your others

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks great with your collection! I have one too, and it's by far one of my favorite solid color pieces!! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @curtains in my tree, it's a 2qt, you can see it in my collection in the upper right hand corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the greens mixed in. I also like your idea of the backdrop to your cabinet. Makes it easy to change out.

    ReplyDelete