Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

Hi All! Alyssa here from The Lemon Tree.


Last Sunday my sister and I decided to cook our version of Thanksgiving dinner at our apartment for our guys. Everything was purchased from Trader Joe's and it was all down-right DELICIOUS! Deliciousness undoubtedly aided by preparing nearly everything in PYREX!

(most of) The spread.
Turkey (I was so excited to use my vintage platter!)

Cranberries
Gravy
Green bean casserole

Cornbread
Mashed potatoes
Brown sugar carrots and stuffing in a couple of rogue Fireking and Glasbake dishes
The aftermath. And I'm happy to report all of the Pyrex cleaned up fabulously! Even all of that baked on cornbread. Won't hesitate to cook in it ever again!  

Did anyone else cook in their Pyrex for the holiday?


And on Thanksgiving Day...I was incredibly thankful that my aunt gave me this set of Pyrex bowls from her own kitchen! My mom has been passing the word around that I'm a collector :)



(this one has been loved)

5 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile - I love TJ meals and I also brought out my Pyrex for our Thanksgiving feast. Pyrex makes a meal extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are great!!! I try to use my Pyrex for whatever meal I can - everything cooks perfectly and just looks so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice spread! And great use of Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a Autum Harvest dish to make yummy brussels sprouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, your Pyrex, Fire King and Glasbake together reminds me of the first Thanksgiving with the Indians and the Pilgrims. What's the gravy bowl, restaurant ware?

    ReplyDelete