Tuesday, September 7, 2010

golden hearts, green bowls

026-3

This Golden Hearts promo piece (ca. 1958) is my latest gifted score!  I ♥ it, if you know what I mean!  It's in excellent condition.  The lid was mine...

My sister, who was visiting from out of town, bargained it down to a reasonable six bucks and then treated me to it.  We went thrifting together and, since we both collect Pyrex, were neck and neck in competition to find any and all Pyrex.  She had to be very discriminate in her purchases since she'd be hauling heavy Pyrex back across the country in her backpack.  Much to her delight, she found the green mixing bowl (I already own 3!).  Fast forward a few days: she was scheduled to leave out of Miami the same night the airport was evacuated due to that professor's sketchy baggage.  She took a photo outside the airport as she was waiting out the scare...she didn't quite have room in her bag for her beloved green bowl!

green pyrex mixing bowl

4 comments:

  1. that's too funny! well, the green bowl part. not the scare part. that's a great present from your sis, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her sitting there with the Pyrex bowl! What an amazing photo! What a sweet gift she gave you with the golden hearts dish!!

    ReplyDelete