Saturday, April 16, 2011

Night Shopping

Below: Look what arrived from the planet Pyrex in my night garden...

This past Thursday night I dragged my son down to our local Value Village to look for whatever. I'd pretty much given up on ever finding any good Pyrex there since the cupboards have been bare for the past three or more months. For this reason, I was doubly tickled pink when I discovered two Spring Blossom Cinderella bowls in excellent condition. Returning home, I thought I'd capture the surreal experience by taking a tawdry night shot with my trusty digital camera.
The larger bowl was $5.99 and the smaller one was $4.99. I feel like I'm collecting a lot of Spring Blossom pieces. I'd be curious to go back in my Pyrex book and see how many pieces of this pattern are out there. Never give up with your searching!
Above and below: Cheerful flowers in late-day sun on Friday. Bon chance with your Pyrexing this weekend!
Erin Toronto Yardsaler

6 comments:

  1. Nice finds!! I'd be interested to know how many pieces are in the Spring Daisy line too. I am looking for the Spring Daisy refrigerator set, but haven't had any luck yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Mauzy's book will tell you which pieces came in Spring Blossom Green. There is a list here though: http://www.corellecorner.com/pyrex-pattern-profiles/67-pyrex-compatibles-spring-blossom-green-1972.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have SO much pyrex and yet so little of this pattern which i totally love! lucky you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finds! I love it when you feel like you've totally given up on finding anything at a certain place and then hit the jackpot (happened to me recently too - I'm over on the Pyrex Collective II blog!). Spring Blossom is one of the patterns that I collect ... and I love it! It's growing on me, even over my extensive Early American set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello nice finds!! I love spring blossom.

    I just made a post the other day on the PyrexCollectiveII. I have aquired quite a bit of the spring blossom green. I believe I am only missing a loaf pan and one of the BakeN'Serve casseroles.

    http://pyrexcollective2.blogspot.com/2011/04/hello-everyone.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I love how you "drag" your son to VV! I used to do that with my kids and my younger daughter would say: "I don't like this store, it's peepee! (Now my oldest comes willingly because she loves to look for 80's vintage stuff!)

    I know what you mean about the cupboards being bare, I can't find anything worthwhile these days! I think the word is getting out that vintage Pyrex is collectible. And somebody's infringing on MY Pyrex turf!

    ReplyDelete