Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This week's Pyrex happiness

It's a fridgie kind of week all around! This sunny yellow fridgie is my FIRST, and I hand only just been lamenting to hubby that they are impossible to find. I've used it 4 different ways since it came home on Monday :) Vinnie thinks it's pretty awesome too. It is sans lid, but at 1/2 PRICE, I paid only 75 cents for it.

I did a little research on this clear bowl, which was a gift from a friend. According to Corellecorner.com, this is part of a matched set produced between 1937-1949, making it my oldest confirmed Pyrex piece. I do have a couple of clear round cake pans and a loaf pan that might be from the same era, but not confirmed. I love how heavy the glass is, yet the shape is quite dainty.





Zodiac! Circa 1961 according to Pyrexlove.com. This set was just $5 this week at my favourite local thrift store (which happened to be having a sale - all clothing $1 - lucky for my girl!) I don't think the stand is orignal to the set, as I can't find any photos online of this combination.


My kids really like this one for some reason!



Original lid. Yay!


I shared this info with hubby, and his only comment was, "great, how much can you get for it?"

Silly man.

8 comments:

  1. It may not be the original stand for this set but it is a very cool find none the less especially with the lid design intact. It may be the stand for a different promo casserole though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Zodiac lid is in such great shape. That rectangular yellow fridgie is definitely one of my favourite Pyrex pieces - I use it for everything! I think it's great for salad greens, because it's easy to get my oil+vinegar on it for even distribution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fridgie! And, there's just something about the clear pieces that I am drawn to- cool bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow fridgie, but wow.....that Zodiac with the original lid!! I bet you wanted to squeal when you found it, lol! I love the older clear pieces too, and not too very long ago I found one at a SA with a mounter for $1.99!! http://pyrexcollective.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-pyrex-thrifting-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are we married to the same man? My husband asks, "how much is this business of yours costing me...and you're not writing about me in that blog are you?" ....lol. I have one of the Zodiac casseroles but your lid design is in much better shape. I freak out everytime I see packing tape across gold designs in the thrift stores....but what can you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vinnie is a cutie! I envy your Zodiac casserole, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the zodiac piece...wow what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh... I love that zodiac dish! AND the lid! GREAT find =D

    ReplyDelete