Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Science of Pyrex

I found this tiny Pyrex Boiling Flask at Goodwill By The Pound last summer. Amazingly enough, it survived the original Goodwill outlet before being dumped at GBTP, where goods are hurled into these huge wagons and wheeled out for more man-handling by the crazy deal hunters. I'm not even sure how much the flask cost as it was put on a scale with the other things I bought. Whatever the cost was, it was less than a cup of coffee at Tim Hortons. At the time, I had no idea that Pyrex manufactured scientific equipment. Does anyone else out there in Pyrex-loving land have Pyrex flasks or beakers?

4 comments:

  1. I don't but I be someone does! How cool that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long before I ever bought any vintage Pyrex, my husband brought home a huge box of lab glass from work (he had permission--they were going to dump it). Much of it was Pyrex. We donated some to the high school and sold the rest on eBay. Some of it was pretty interesting looking stuff. Wish now I'd have kept a couple pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome blog.......I also have some old pyrex 'stuff'. Which goodwill do you frequent.....I go to the one in Etobicoke on Dundas St.

    erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete