Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas to me!


Merry Christmas to all the Pyrex collectors!

This is my first Christmas as a collector, which probably makes me an easy one to shop for :)

My sister picked me up this bright and cheery Daisy 442 Cinderella bowl.
The 2 Snowflake Blue casseroles were found by me today at the Goodwill near my parents' house. I was so excited, I immediately picked them up and started running around the store to tell my family of my find. Why is it that the thrift stores near you never have what you're looking for, but you travel and THEN find the good stuff??

Now, the trick will be figuring how to get these guys carefully on the plane from Texas back to Tennessee. Any pyrex travelling tricks?

Happy Holidays to everyone from me at Everything in Moderation!

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth great finds! Wrap them in your clothes carefully and carry on!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might consider shipping them, well wrapped in bubble wrap so that they will be at your house when you get home. Pyrex shipps well if you take the time to wrap the pieces carefully and put then in a box large enought to surround them with a lot of padding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Michael ship them unless you can take them as carryon.

    ReplyDelete