Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Wonderful Pyrex Sale

It was a really chilly, rainy day yesterday and I almost didn't go shopping.  I stopped at one family-run estate sale, though, and I'm so happy I did!

I got the mother-lode of pyrex refrigerator dishes.  The only downside is that they were all FILTHY!  All of them had dried baked food crusts and  a film of brown scum -- the kind that some old people have in their houses when they just don't clean well...for years.  I wasn't sure if the it was dirt on them or if the finish was gone, but decided to take my chances.

I got these great fridgies and a percolator (with no inside parts)...



I've never seen this pattern before.  It's a fired on white finish with gold painted pinecones.  The pinecones are on the lid, too.  Can you tell me the pattern name?
After I snapped some pictures, I got to work scrubbing.  It took 3 sinks of dishwater to get the grime off.   Did you know that a Pyrex percolator comes apart?   I didn't, but I do now!



FINALLY everything was clean! 
All in all, I'd say I had found a prince of a Pyrex sale!

3 comments:

  1. what great finds! I have found that casserole to be called golden pinecone over at Pyrex Love. Apparently it was a promotional holiday casserole from 1961. I have been lucky enough to find one for myself as well - casserole and lid separately in one week! Now we just need the cradle and it will be complete. Congrats on the great scores :)

    http://educatednotdomesticated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been just like Christmas - lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sure did get a mother load and always look beyond the dirt and scum for a good deal anyway

    I don't know the name of any because i just usually pick up what I like and I like all of your I just got a new refigeate dish and don't know it's name? I posted it also

    Janice

    ReplyDelete