Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Pyrex Prize Recipes is Mine
Why do we sometimes come out of shops without buying what we really want? And why did I come out of an antique shop a couple of weeks ago and leave this book behind? It was half price - only $6 - what was wrong with me. Thankfully, I came to my senses when I got home and called the shop - the book arrived yesterday - it's so cute!!
The book was published in 1953. Look at the dedication - it's for all of us Pyrex crazed people!!
This is just the way the book lists the reasons why people like Pyrex Ware. .
1. Because Pyrex Ware is so easy to wash clean. Odors and flavors don't cling to the smooth glass
surface. (I'm always amazed when a crusty casserole comes clean with next to no effort)
2. Because Pyrex dishes keep their newness even after years of use. (Isn't this so true?)
3. Because Pyrex Ware is inexpensive to buy. (It's the best when you get a great deal!)
4. Because Pyrex Ware is dependable. ( Definitely!)
5. Because Pyrex Ware is economical. Pyrex Ware heats rapidly, bakes faster and saves fuel. (It
6. Because Pyrex Ware saves dish washing. The same dish can travel from refrigerator, to oven, to
table, and back to refrigerator. (Such multi-purpose dishes!)
Did you know you could make muffins in custard cups? I didn't! I might try this but then I only have four cups!!
Take a look at this elaborate display of banana bread in the fridgies - the covers are used as tiles to serve hot banana bread!!! I think I'll be trying a couple of the recipes - bet they'll be tasty still after all this time....