Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Serendipitous

Hi y'all! Newbie here. I'm Libby, and I've been collecting Pyrex for a little more than a year now. I'm so happy I found this blog!

So, you know that Pyrex piece we all have, tucked away in an upper cabinet somewhere, lonely, mismatched (don't get me wrong, I love my mismatched pieces!), and (*gasp*) unused? One of my very first pieces was the 443 bowl in the pink Gooseberry Cinderella set. As I collected more pieces, and my tastes changed a bit, poor little pinky was relegated to the top shelf of a cabinet. I've even considered putting it in my to sell or gift pile for a few months, but for some reason, just never did.

Yesterday, to celebrate finishing the first draft of my graduate thesis (yay!) I went junking for the afternoon. Lo and behold, guess what I found at the flea market? The matching 441 and 444 bowls! Huh. So maybe that's why I've been holding on to the loner all this time! At less than $15 for both, I snapped them up. They're really in great shape, too. All that's left is the 442, and I'll have a beautiful new set!

The (almost) happy family.

Nice to "meet" you all! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I know all about the piles of stashed Pyrex that you can't quite get rid of but don't know what to do with. Congrats on finding more Gooseberry bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I am so in love with the Pink Pyrex and have one lonely bowl. So glad you kept it and found two more at a wonderful price. Welcome to the Pyrex Collective!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you kept that lonely bowl, it finally was reunited with some of its sibblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Thanks for the welcomes!

    I'm also very glad I kept that bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete