Friday, February 4, 2011

I Found Two Great Pieces of Pyrex!!

Finally - I found a Pyrex carafe!!  Isn't it pretty?  I think it might make up for one that I saw at a Salvation Army shop - I don't know what was wrong with me that day, I didn't buy it, and to make it even worse, it was only $2.99 - in the original box - I've agonized about it ever since!!!  Do you ever have buyers remorse??  I found this one yesterday at Value Village and I paid only $2.99 for it - it's going to make a great decorative piece!!! 
I had my carafe in hand, went to the next aisle and there was the primary green bowl - it was in pretty bad shape - the inside was perfect - the outside had a lot of black scratches on it - but,  I didn't hesitate,  it was the only bowl I needed for the set - they look so nice together - with a little elbow grease and the Mr. Clean Eraser, it looks way better - it'll do!!!  It was also only $2.99 - I got the big yellow from my mother, the rest of the bowls I found at Value Village, I guess I paid about $10 for the 3 pieces - that's my kind of price!!

7 comments:

  1. Really good finds. Yes I do have remorse over things I left behind and over things I bought and shouldn't have. Part of the junkin/thrifin life I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get remorse as well, more for buying things I don't love than for leaving something I shouldn't have. Except the Anchor Hocking Strawberry Shortcake mug ~ I really should have bought that!

    Fantastic finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a carafe this week, too. It does not have any markings on it but it looks a lot like yours. Does your say pyrex anywhere? Mine is not in as good of shape...and then I came home and washed it up by using my dish brush (NOT SMART)...some of the starbursts came off. opps.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coffee carafe. I've yet to find one of those around here. Yes, I've had buyers remorse plenty of times. That's a great price on your green primary bowl. My red that goes with my primary set is in pretty bad shape too, but I only paid $1.50 for it, and it'll do until I find another affordable one in better shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany - if you click on the picture you can see there is print by the handle - I probably should have taken the picture from that side! It does say - Pyrex, Made in USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how many times I picked up and put back cool kitchen bargains before I started collecting only recently. So many funky things. Stuff I recognized but didn't know was collectible until I started doing some research! Oh well :)

    I entered a silent auction bid on that same set of bowls at a local thrift store. You just reminded me that the auction ends today. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like pyrex, but other than the clear style, you don't see the vintage styles very much. So instead I shall envy your lovely collection :)

    ReplyDelete