Saturday, December 11, 2010
















here are a few of my pyrex finds today.the orange and green bowl i picked up at yard sale for $2.the red golden pionsettias i found at an antique mall for $15 (i'm picturing a christmas eve roast in that one!) along with the clear one w/holder with holder for $3.any idea on when the clear one was made?the logo looks pretty old.i don't usually collect clear pieces but i love the etching on it and when my honey took a look at it he said "you better snatch that up!"...i fell in love with him all over again

7 comments:

  1. i have never seen that glass, it says pyrex? it reminds me of the cornflower (hughes) depression era glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep says pyrex and has a kind of $ mark above and below the word pyrex

    ReplyDelete
  3. The etched glass bowl is breathtaking! I recently found a Pyrex museum that has the oldest pieces pictured. Maybe you can find it there:

    http://www.nettally.com/attic/PyrexMuseum.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all. I love the groovy pattern on the last bowl.
    You know what you're doing.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that is one of the earliest pieces of Pyrex as I remember seeing it in the one Pyrex book I read. Too bad the lid is missing...but what a good price for the 2 pieces. There is a complete set just like it for sale in my area for $30.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last orange and green bowl is one I have as well and it is a pattern called "Arches". It was made in a pair only and is actually a mixing bowl. Funny shape huh?

    That etched bowl certainly is interesting and reminds me of elegant glass - think Heisey.

    I love the "Gold Poinsettias" casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the Gold Poinsettias casserole!! I'm jealouse of all your beautiful finds!! :)

    ReplyDelete