Friday, July 22, 2011

First Ebay Pyrex purchase

When I first started collecting Pyrex about 2 years ago, I saw a set of two Pyrex Cherry bowls on Etsy, and was instantly drawn to them. But, as usual, I hemmed and hawed too long before deciding to purchase them, and someone else bought them. Ever since then, I've been looking for those bowls, and I finally found a set of three on Ebay a few weeks ago. This time I did not hem and haw, and worry about the price....I ordered them!! Now, I know these bowls aren't as vintage and old as most of the Pyrex we collect, but they somehow speak to me. Perhaps, it's because of my love of red, and anything with cherries on it. What I do know is that they make me smile when I look at them, and in my book, that's what counts!


7 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I would buy these also! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I have never seen that pattern before. I buy occasionally on Ebay as well; mostly hard to find things or to complete a set, and if the price is right!
    Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so bright and sweet!

    I'm glad you bought them, one less temptation for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen those! But they're beautiful. Cherries are cute & classic, can't go wrong with that kind of pattern no matter what the decade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you lasted 2 years before buying online. I bought a piece I desperately wanted off Etsy about 6 months into my collecting. I've also bid on several ebay items but always lost out. Glad you got your set, they are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fill them up with cherries - they're really nice,Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute never for sure saw these...hum where have I been.

    ReplyDelete