Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pyrex Upcycle

I bought this vintage 3 QT oval gratin dish a couple of years ago but it simply languished in an upper cupboard, never once having been used as a baking vessel.  A couple of months ago I was organizing the kitchen and knew that I either had to part with the dish or find a way to use it.  I set it on the coffee table to get it out of the way while I continued my work and voila! the dish revealed its true purpose to me:


I purchased river rocks and clear glass tealight holders at the craft store and within five minutes I had a lovely centerpiece.  It's on the mantel for now, but I'll move it to the dining room table once we finish our remodel.

2 comments:

  1. It looks super stylish. Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I might have to borrow it and make one of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete