Thursday, July 14, 2011

Value Village Pyrex Pricing

I found a nice piece in great condition at my local Value Village - a Butterfly Gold oval casserole for $3.99, complete with patterned lid!


I should be tickled pink that I got such a good deal, but part of me was a bit upset about VV's pricing inconsistencies! There were a few Pyrex items on the shelf that day, but they must have been priced by different people


Are you all experiencing this at your local thrift shops? Is it mainly Savers/Value Village that seems to have this problem? I have a few more photos and a little bit more ranting at my post at sixballoons.blogspot.com

Stop by if you have a moment and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I experience it all the time at our thrift stores here in Tallahassee. All we have are Goodwills and a Salvation Army. There isn't any consistency in pricing at any of the stores. Drives me crazy!! BTW, that's a great find and price on your Butterfly Gold casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Six, I bought something in Niagara Falls once for $4.99, beautiful, near mind condition with lid & I saw it again the next time I went to the same store, $12.99..

    c r a z y ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

    Brand new The Tragically Hip shirt for $1.99 from early '90s for $1.99, never worn. Saw one the other day for $6.99 from early 00's, washed to hell. Same Value Village. What gives?

    ReplyDelete