Monday, July 18, 2011

First Fridgie & Moving Worries!

Yaye for me I bought my first fridgie, its one of the original primary blue and I will post a picture soon! You can tell it has been loved and I am delighted with the added character :) Ok now down to business. My partner, Sarah just accepted a job at UGA and we couldn't be more excited, new town new apartment and lots of anxiety about the pending move which will happen in a month, ahh! Sarah thinks I am over reacting, but I am extremely attached to my pyrex collection as most of it was inherited from my grandmothers. I am so anxious about packing it all up and allowing the movers to take it from me and put it in the new place that I have nightmares about it all being broken. I have almost completely made up my mind to pack it myself and put it in the car with other necessities that will be making the move with us 2 days before the movers come. So my question is am I absolutely bonkers or is this rational and do any of you have an insight?


8 comments:

  1. I'd say let the movers take it but I've moved so many times that I'm sort of apathetic to the whole process.

    Maybe just take a few super important pieces with you in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the movers packing or are you? You can make sure it is super well packed and it should be OK. But if you are really worried, take it with you or at least the most important pieces. Oh and congrats on finding your first fridgie. UGA...University of Georgia? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, I just re-read the post and see that you are packing your Pyrex. I would pack it and take it with me or like I said in the previous comment take the most important pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you buy any insurance from the movers? at least then, if anything happens you'll have some $$ to go shopping. i didn't have my pyrex when i last moved, but at this point, i've got some 160 pieces and it would be challenging to move it myself and move my grandmother's china (which i also have with me). if and when i move, i would probably pack it all myself, get some insurance, move my favorite pieces myself, and keep my fingers crossed. good luck and congrats on your big move!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about to move a few states over next week and I am putting all my pyrex in the car! I don't trust anyone with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a take-no-risks type myself, I say pack it and move it on your own. I've heard too many stories about bad movers. I wouldn't just worry about breakage, but also have heard horror stories about people's things being stolen by movers (you never know when some mover's wife is a collector! - yes, I'm a worrier.) Anyway, this stuff is precious to you, sounds like some of it was inherited, I say - take no risks, move it yourself. Or at least take your favorite, most precious pieces with you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies, I just finished packing most of it up as I have decided to take it with me. After talking to the movers who will pack us up on a Friday and I won't see my things until maybe Monday, I am a little worried about my pyrex babies! Linda we are headed to University of Georgia and we are so excited, I loved Athens it is so cozy but big enough to get lost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely pack it myself, and take it with me in the car!

    ReplyDelete