Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vintage Measuring Cup with Raised Letters!

Happy Canada Day and Independence Day long weekends, Pyrex Collective!

I had been hunting for a good, well priced one-cup Pyrex Measuring Cup for some time and happened to stumble upon this old gem.


Two characteristics of this beautiful cup give some indication of its age. First, the closed loop handle was phased out in the 90s and replaced by the hook style handle that we now see on modern pieces. Secondly, the also-distinctive red Pyrex lettering on measuring cups was introduced in the 1940s according to Pyrex Love.

I suppose this cup could be from the 1930s or even earlier!? I tried finding more about the raised lettering and how that dates the piece, but didn't have much luck.
 

Check out some more photos at my blog post at SixBalloons!

1 comment:

  1. Great find! I'd love to find one like that!!

    ReplyDelete