Friday, March 25, 2011

it never rains but it pours

I can't believe it- I scored in my lunch break again today!

A set of nine beautiful bright pieces of Pyrex for the bargain price of £3.99 ($6.42) for the lot. Trying to explain to my husband exactly why we need yet another gravy boat is becoming tricky.


I'm finding it a challenge discovering the name of this pattern- it looks just like Matchmaker, but I've only ever seen that in blue and green, so I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone help me out?

3 comments:

  1. This link suggest that Matchmaker also came in the orange/red colourway: http://www.locusarts.co.uk/matchmaker1.htm.
    In order to justify the additional gravy boat, you could offer to make gravy and cheese sauce -that would work with my husband! What a fabulous deal! I have a JAJ Pyrex Royal gravy boat in a wedgewood blue shade with a gold rim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that link- it's going to be very useful in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would die! I like how the Red looks more than the Blue. I found the gravy boat and plate for 12$ talked it down to 10$ last weekend in Tampa. I was all to happy not to have to pay for postage. I was just looking for the Red and came across your picture.
    Great find I'd still be swooning!
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete