Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Ones That Got Away

Recently,  I have seen on blogs where people have had great success finding Pyrex on Craigslist. So not wanting to miss out I tried it too. The first attempt was successful. I found a yard sale that advertised a lot of Pyrex. I found a Golden Acorn casserole dish with lid and a primary red fridgie with lid (not in the best condition but for a dollar who could complain). I paid my $8 and left happy as a lark.

Fast forward to last night. I thought I would peruse the pages of Craigslist again to see if there were anymore treasures out there for me. I got very excited when I came across these:

A complete set of Pyrex Square Flowers cinderella mixing bowls. I thought I had died and went to Heaven And the best part... only $5 for the set!!!! What!!!!!!!! 

I was so excited that I wanted to call right away. Who wouldn't right? Well my husband AKA Mr. Killjoy pointed out that it wasn't our local Craigslist that I was looking at, it was the  Santa Barbara Craigslist. Santa Barbara is 2 hours away from where we live! " (  How could Craig and his list be so mean?

This just means that there is something great and wonderful waiting at the local thrift for me. So take that Craig!!!

5 comments:

  1. Craigslistis the best source for finding garage sales in my area. My favorite Pyrex is anything in pink.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm, i prob would have called first then jumped in the car. can anyone say pyrex road trip? :) happy shopping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think that thought didn't cross my mind. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. For only $5 it was probably a scam or something...I would be skeptical but definitely tempted to make the drive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, too bad it wasn't closer. That's a nice set for an unbelievable price!

    ReplyDelete