Saturday, April 9, 2011

Redemption or Failed Resolution?

A few weeks back I confessed I was trying to exercise pyrex restraint and passed on two yellow gooseberry bowls.  Of course, it didn't take long until I was suffering from leaver's remorse (only heightened by all of the "you did what...?" comments :-).  So since I had to drive back through the same small town on another business trip yesterday, I decided that if they were still there, they'd be coming home with me.

Welcome to your new home, yellow gooseberry!

10 comments:

  1. i think that i have the 442. what size are your bowls?
    leslie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you changed your mind, those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did what any Pyrexic would do, give those little orphans a home. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :-)

    Leslie, these are 442 and 444.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're lovely and I would have done the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was hoping that i could help you almost complete a set....maybe next time. they are SO pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whether it's redemption or failed resolution, you did the right thing! Those are beautiful!! I would have done exactly what you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! I'm so glad you got those. Yellow Gooseberry might actually be the pattern I find the most often and in the WORST shape and it makes me want to cry every time. Even boyfriend is starting to notice and get emotional about it! I shall live vicariously through you now, enjoy those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. And if I decide that I'm due for a pyrex purge, I'll let folks know if they go up on a pyrex for trade list!

    ReplyDelete