Friday, April 22, 2011

Sometimes Traffic Isn't So Bad

In my attempt to avoid the bumper to bumper line-up on the way home today, I decided to stop in at a lesser visited thrift store (at least by pyrexiacs).  I only visit from time to time since they have odd hours and I've never found much pyrex there.

Lo and behold, I came across the complete golden grapes chip and dip set AND the pink daisy space saver.  Both in great condition.  Even better, the prices harkened back to the days when thrift store prices were actually...umm...thrifty!  I barely remember those days.

I'm not a huge fan of the gold leaf, but I do love the delphite blue interior.  So pretty.
And the fact that it was designed as a chip and dip set actually elicited the first "hmm, cool" pyrex reaction from my husband.  That's big.

The whole set for a mere $5
 
Thank you to the lovely person who actually took good care of these guys!
- Chelsea

$3 Pink Daisy - wahoo!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what great prices! I can't imagine ever finding a whole chip/dip set with the ever-illusive holder for only $5! And I'm becoming a sucker to the Pink Daisy. Might have to start collecting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i can't believe you found a chip and dip and with the holder! amazing and beautiful! congrats on your big find

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that you found the whole chip and dip set for $5, and the pink daisy for $3!! The Pyrex gods were certainly smiling down on you!! Send some of that good karma this way, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly low prices. Congrats.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! great finds! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing finds - what a lucky day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!! That chip and dip set is a rare find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW-O-WOW...the chip n dip set is wonderful!!! So LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete