Monday, April 11, 2011

What If...

I took the gravy boat I found a couple weeks ago...

...and baked my favorite banana-chocolate chip muffin recipe in it?

And what if...

I baked some of it in a divided dish?

Still just as yummy, but so cute too!

I decreased the oven temp to 330 degrees instead of 350.  The batch in the divided dish was done in 25 minutes.  The gravy boats took 35 minutes.

After 10 minutes of cooling, they slid right out, easy-peasy.  I just used a little cooking spray before they went in.


The gravy boat made just the right size little mini-loaf, perfect to share with a friend over coffee.  By the way, that adorable embroidered tea towel is by Mom Wald!

I'm thinking the divided dish might make a cute egg-shaped Easter cake.

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for the Easter cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of using a divided dish for an Easter cake. Those "muffins" look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea!!! They are perfect sizes, and I love that you shared baking temps and times- thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant! I love the easter egg cake idea :)

    so funny...I've been waiting for a pyrex loaf pan...never considered another option!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love the split pan and using it to bake in is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! That looks soooo good! I <3 melty chocolate chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea; looks delicious! Will you share your recipe with us?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah! This may be my most favorite post on the Pyrex Collective!! I love that you were thinking outside the box and baked in something most would not consider using for baking! And how yummy does your bread look?!?! Must try this soon!

    -- Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, you guys, for your kind comments! This is what happens when I'm sitting here at the computer with a hankering to bake and then look over at my Pyrex shelf and the wheels start turning.

    Kathy, I'd be happy to share the recipe, although it is gluten-free and dairy-free and has some ingredients that may not typically be in the average pantry. But if you (or anyone else) would like it, just shoot me an email. I found it on the internet, but I can't remember where and a quick Google search didn't help, otherwise I'd just post the link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm baking bread tomorrow! I'm going to make mini loaves in my gravy boats!!!!

    ReplyDelete