Monday, April 25, 2011

Smallest Pyrex Ever

I completely freaked out in the thrift store when I found these!



At first because I thought they were mini fridgie dishes and then again when I felt them and figured out they were PLASTIC and were actually PYREX KITCHEN TOYS!!! I didn't even know there was such a thing?!?


The lids come off and everything...just like real Pyrex!


Here is the smallest one next to an actual small fridgie dish so that you can see just how small these are.


And the bigger one with my large yellow fridgie.


From the searching I did online, I think these are from the 50's and they are very rare...does anyone have any info?

While searching, I found this Flickr page where someone has vintage Barbie sized Pyrex dishes:

And these three Etsy listings for vintage Corning dishes:



Does anyone else have vintage Pyrex kitchen toys? Share if you do!
I'm really interested to see what else is out there.

--Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

20 comments:

  1. This is definitely a first for me! How adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Pyrex goodness those are the cutest things on the planet! You're a very lucky girl to have found those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Totally amazing and fantastic! I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome!
    Very jealous.

    Also I did a bit of searching online, and came up with this flickr group called Re-Ment Addicts which seem to be minature toys of real life size products.

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/re-mentaddicts/discuss/72157625349485299/

    ^That is discussing Re-Ment Pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, another thing to look for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute! I would totally pounce on those if I ever came across them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man i'm dying over here.i have looked everywhere for the toy pyrex and have never seen a single piece.my holy grail pieces.you are so lucky!!everything is better in a mini version....lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the cutest fridgies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing find!!! Those are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome find! Those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a find!! Now everybody will be on the lookout for these - they're just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome find! I have never seen anything like that! Lucky!!!! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I had these when I was a kid. They are from the early 1970s, maybe late 1960s. Sadly I gave them away when I outgrew them. I would love to get my hands on them again. I had three nesting bowls in red, yellow, and blue, plus fridge dishes, a coffee pot, and I don't quite remember the rest. Found yours in a google search!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got a set of the toy pyrex bowls in red blue and yellow. I also have the toy Pyrex fridge set. It comes with a large yellow medium blue and two small red dishes. I only spent 23 bucks for both sets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops. I also have two sets of yellow mixing bowls. Banner toy company made a yellow set as well as the primary.

    ReplyDelete