Monday, April 11, 2011

"What do you DO with all that Pyrex???"

I use it! That's the question I get asked most often when people hear about my growing Pyrex stash. Usually what happens is I bring home something new, and give it a good washing right away. So then it's drying in the dish rack, and its the easiest thing to grab when I need to store some grapes or give the kids ice cream.

(my son asked for "the biggest bowl of ice cream EVER" and he got it...except the amount of ice cream was normal...only the bowl was huge :) )


7 comments:

  1. Very Cute! We do the same thing...I won't buy it if it won't get used. The only down side (if there is one)...all that HAND WASHING!!! blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so random that i got asked the exact same question by some friends tonight.."do you use it all". well, i can't use it all at the same time, but i try very hard to rotate and pick a diff bowl each time i make a salad or cookies. and besides, doesn't admiring it on the shelf when in the kitchen consistute being used? i'm using it as something pretty to look at!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! i need to use mine more. I have trouble trusting my roommates though...I'm afraid they'll throw it in the dishwasher or drop it or something! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL about the hand washing! I feel your pain. I think its totally worth it though :) The challenge is training the family to know the difference between Pyrex and Corningware, which is dishwasher safe. I collect both. It's more than they can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you use it! I think I've used most of what I've brought into the house at least once, except maybe a couple pieces and the carafes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to use mine a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny. Your son's ice cream bowl is my cereal bowl :) I'm scared to use my good pieces because I'm afraid I'll break them....I guess that means I'd just have to look for more!

    ReplyDelete