Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pyrex Down Under

Hi all! I've been reading this blog for a while now and have really enjoyed seeing all your lovely finds. I'm on the treasure hunt looking for my own Pyrex pieces now. We seem to get alot of the Pyrex England designs here in Australia. I have to admit-and forgive me if this is a Pyrex faux pas-I love baking in my Pyrex! It makes me feel like I'm a fabulous cook and a bit nostaglic for when I used to watch my Grandmother cook.


Here's my lastest find. It's marked Pyrex England. I love how this loaf baking dish is narrow, but very deep. I think this banana bread was the best tasting ever, even though it was a bit uneven! Must have been the Pyrex that made it taste extra special! Any ideas on the pattern?

8 comments:

  1. Pyrex was made to be used...baked in, mixed in, and loved!!!! I use mine all the time.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all Pyrex and use mine all the time. I agree it was made to be used and yes, everything tastes better in Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pattern! The flowers are very groovy. I tried finding the pattern name, but there is not a lot of info out there about England Pyrex, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice loaf dish!! I'm loving the pattern, but have no idea what it's called. And yes, food does taste better in Pyrex. I'm getting a lot better about using mine to cook in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use mine all the time! It's how I justify my addiction :) In fact, as my collection grows, I find myself looking for reasons to use it...and using my tupperware and rubbermaid much less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to have you join us, lisakarie! have you come across any native Pyrex yet? Agee Pyrex is Australia's own and has produced quite a lot of amazing pieces!

    ReplyDelete