Monday, October 25, 2010

My first Pink Gooseberry


Well.....Well......WELL!!

We finally meet.

I just found my very first piece of Pink Gooseberry. Its a 2 1/2 quart bowl. I paid $10.00. I found it at an antique mall along with the tablecloth its on. That is another love of mine. Vintage linen tablecloths. They go perfect with Pyrex. I think that is the most money I spent on a single Pyrex dish. I am very frugal and don't usually go to the antique mall for Pyrex. I don't buy any online either. I just stick to my local thrifty stores. Sometimes my friends email me and say hey I found a so and so Pyrex dish at my thrift store you want me to get it for you? I usually say no. The fun for me is finding it locally. The thrill is the hunt. Plus there is no shipping cost.

5 comments:

  1. Gooseberry is worth $10!! I spent $5 for my first and only piece of Gooseberry. I love it and hope someday to find more! I agree love the thrill of the hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kno where there is a pink Gooseberry Cinderella Bowl (big one) $6, I plan on going back to see if its there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous! That is just beautiful!! I don't have any Gooseberry :(!! Love the tablecloth too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the table cloth — I'm crazy for vintage linens too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so lovely there on that vintage tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete