Thursday, June 9, 2011

99¢ Pyrex!

Picked up 3 lidless fridgies today at Goodwill. They were 99 cents each.Align Left


Funny story, I already told it on my blog, but in case you don't read my blog...

I went to my hometown of Windsor, Ontario this past weekend. One the day I arrived I checked out this antique/curiosity shop & found a piece of Pyrex I was digging. It cost $12. I pondered over it for 3 days & finally decided that yeah, I was going to get it, so we stopped there before we grabbed lunch on the way to the train station. Arriving 5 minutes before they were closing, as it turned out, two old women who don't normally work at the shop are trying to lug in this huge planter & they say, "she's closing up." I ask, "can I just run in & grab a piece of Pyrex I saw the other day?" "Pie? We don't sell pie here!" She replied very nastily! LOL. So, ya, didn't get it.

Yours truly,

Sir Thrift-A-Lot

8 comments:

  1. GREAT deal on these! Your Goodwill needs to chat with my Goodwill, because the prices here are SO stinkin' high now. No fun. Enjoy your new pieces of pie-rex. : )
    http://www.sweeteuropeandreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story kind of sums up Windsor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fridgies! I left behind a fridgie in bad shape at SA yesterday for $1.99 so you definitely got a great deal! :)

    Too bad about missing out on that other piece but maybe you'll find that piece at a thrift for less ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when a find or a deal gets away -- I fret about for a week or so (until some new fret takes its place). Yours has such a funny story attached to it, though, that thinking about it would make me laugh instead of fret!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the days when I was a little girl, people didn't have the well-equipped kitchens that everyone seems to have now, and it was common for the housewives to share pieces of kitchenware. I was often sent to a neighbour's door with a request for a large frying pan or an extra cake pan my mother needed for a special dinner. One day, though, she sent me on an errand I thought was silly -- I showed up next door with the message that Mom wanted to borrow a "pirate casserole". I don't know what I was expecting -- an eye patch on it? If you don't have a Pyrex mindset, you don't always hear the word correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deborah - too funny! At least yours is really cute, your neighbour & your mom probably had such a good laugh! This lady was just so nasty!!

    If only she worked in the shop, she would have had a Pyrex state of mind. If only she worked in the shop, she would have liked to make the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet european dreams - no, no way, lol! then my Goodwill will find out they can get away with charging a lot more! LOL

    ReplyDelete