Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hitting the Pyrex Honey Hole

Who knew that Cambridge would be such a sizzling pan of Pyrex goodness? We hit Southworks Antiques hard today. It boast over 30,000 square feet of collectables. Try to hold me back!
It didn't take long before I feel into a hallucinatory state of Pyrextasy. It was everywhere and priced fairly fairly.
I know, I know. There were squeals of delight as I probed every corner. Yes, let your mind go wild - it was THAT good.
They even had a funky old Pyrex test tube kit. I'll be back for that.

Oh yes, before we hit Southworks, I found this Spring Blossoms divided dish for $7.99 at Value Village. They had several pieces that I already had.
Back to Southworks. I regrettably didn't buy the Delphite fridgies, if that's what they were. There's a close-up of them on Yard Sale Snoop. I had already committed to several pieces which a keen employee had schlepped to the front counter and I had to draw the line somewhere on the spending. I did get the two red fridgies and the Butterprint fridgie for $8 each.
Horizon Blue 409 (or 407) set me back $10. In hindsight, I should have left this one at the counter and run back for the Delphite fridgies. You can see how conflicted I still am. I'll be dreaming weirdly tonight.
Oh baby, work that camera! I finally found the bowl to take away the heartache. I've been waiting like a hideous bridesmaid watching everyone trott out their magnificent Butterprint collections. Well, today I felt like Pippa on her wedding day - getting married to Johnny Depp. This ginormous 444 cost $10. I almost tackled it when I saw it on a chair with comic books stuck in it. "MINE!"
Oh bowl. I love you more than you'll ever know.
I also bought this sweet little blue bowl for $4.
And Spring Blossom 403 was mine for $7. I highly recommend you check out this antique market if you live in Southern Ontario.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Erin:)

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that's totally doable for me! Thanks, I will keep it in mind. (And I really need to post my latest finds!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds!! Congrats on the teal Butterprint bowl!

    --Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your joy for the Butterprint!

    And yes, I would have gone back for the fridgies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little Spring Blossom 403 is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Southern Ontario here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will have to check this place out one day soon when I can get a ride down there..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not doable for me, but I can sure feel your excitement!! I found some wonderful antique spots on my vacation, and in a few found some pretty good deals. I intend on posting about them very soon!! You found some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete