Friday, June 10, 2011

Travesty of the Day

I decided to check out a new antique mall yesterday, knowing that prices would probably be ridiculous.  I had no idea...


No, you're not seeing things.  That's a 7, not a 1, in front of the 5.  Come on!

Yes, the Cosmopolitan (aka: Bullseye) is a lovely pattern, but seriously, $75???  That's insulting, really.  Especially for those of use who like to use and enjoy our pieces.  Even more frustrating is the fact that I have the lid, in perfect condition, but no bottom to complete it.  Maybe a little pyrex wall art?

That is the highest price, by far, that I've seen on a pyrex piece.  Even a set of butterprint cinderella bowls in perfect condition were only $45 at another vendor's stall.

Sometimes I'd just like to give these sellers a good shake!

Ok, deep breath...

8 comments:

  1. I paid $5.00 for mine at an estate sale - WITH the hotplate! Oftentimes if you wait, you can just 'happen upon' stuff when you least expect it. Price gouging like this is ludicrous :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am selling mine - bottom only, to match your top! Let me know if your interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's some crazy pricing. I've seen bad but not that bad. SIGH what can you do?

    www.nimblenomad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a crazy price! Keep on looking you will find it for a better price I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 5 bucks is crazy!

    Elizabeth, cool. I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure insanity!! And it doesn't have the hot plate!! I paid less than $10 for mine. I hope nobody will pay that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so ridiculous with their pricing!!

    ReplyDelete