Friday, June 3, 2011

A lid at last!

At last!!! My favorite -- and only -- fridgie has a lid!


And it was just 50 cents! I found it at my favorite thrift store, all by itself among some sewing machines on an old credenza. I didn't recognize what it was at first since it was out of its natural habitat. And because I've never actually seen one in person.




This is one of my most used Pyrex pieces. Since I handwash all my Pyrex, there are usually a few pieces in the drying rack at all times, which makes them the easiet thing to grab.




And on a completely different topic...I am having a heck of a time posting comments on this blog and others. I try to log in with my Google Account and I just keep getting kicked back to the Blogger login page. I can leave a comment if a particular blog allows Anonymous or Name/URL comments but not using Google Account. Is it just me??

10 comments:

  1. The word in the blogosphere is that a lot of people are having the same commenting problem, boo! Not sure what's going on...

    On the Pyrex note: I, too, have found fridgie lids in really odd aisles at the thrifts! I always peek on the 'random glass' aisle as well as where soap dishes might be located. I guess the sorters don't always know what those lids are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first picture with your white kitty is really, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding a lid for your fridgie! It seems like finds like that are always more fun when they're off in a strange place (like the sewing machines).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to add -- I love that pink dish with the daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finding a fridgie lid...they are hard to come by and what a great price too! :) And yes I've been having that problem with blogger too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you found your lid! Love the pics...and LOVE the kitty...kind steal the limelite from the Pyrex...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous. I've been looking for a replacement lid for the past year. Correction: I've been looking for a replacement lid that doesn't cost $30 for the past year. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. anything yellow is super awesome...so bright and cheerful. congrats on the good finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fabulous! I love that last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just scored a yellow 503 fridgie on my vacation, but mine didn't have a lid. Oh well, it was just too good a deal to pass up. Hopefully, I'll find a lid for it soon.

    ReplyDelete