Monday, June 27, 2011

My Bluebelle find

I've been searching for the 401 Bluebelle bowl for what seems like forever in order to complete my set of three. The last time I saw one was in Laramie, Wyoming, two years ago. That 401 bowl was $40 and in poor condition. I passed, and I haven't seen another Bluebelle bowl in any size since.


Yesterday I walked into my local antique store in the middle of Missouri and immediately spotted THREE Bluebelle bowls, including the 401 I've been searching for. It has a few spoon scratches on the inside, like most of our Pyrex, but the outside is perfect and I was willing to spend $18 on it. After I'd searched for more than two years, that seemed like a reasonable amount.

My friends were still looking around, so I decided to make another turn around the booths, reminding myself to LOOK UP. As soon as I did, I spotted a little pitcher in the Snowflake Blue pattern--no top, but only $5.

I went ahead and bought the two 403 Bluebelle bowls, too, a yellow fridgie in great condition, and a soft old tea towel embroidered with grapes and the word "glass." Appropriate!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, nice finds! I love those Bluebelle bowls!! And, lucky you to find a yellow fridgie with the lid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! I had no idea there was a blue snowflake pitcher! I must find one now! :)

    --Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like finding the Pyrex glassware even more than the bowls and fridgies. It is fairly scarce but usually priced low.

    ReplyDelete