Thursday, June 9, 2011

duck duck.....GOOSE!

I about fainted on the spot when I saw all these bowls for sale. Never and I mean never do I see Gooseberry locally. (not true I have but hardly EVER) Never in pink. I found these at an antique store. The price was $45. I happily paid it.
You see I have a set I have been working on to complete. I bought this 4 quart bowl in Etsy. My very first Pyrex purchase online. I was more than frantic and nervous about it coming to my house. How was the post office going to treat my package? It arrived safe. WHEW! The very next day this came in the mail, I found that entire set of Pink Gooseberry at the antique store. I have one more bowl to get and I will have 2 completed sets. I am still smitten with them. I am gazing into these photos drooling. I am going to dust them today for fun......what?

I am not so sure I can USE these like I use my other Pyrex.
At least not yet.

7 comments:

  1. jealous jealous jealous that is all i can say!!!!!!!!!


    what a find so happy for you

    i am needing the second bowl the white one to complete a set

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set and I love the vintage tablecloth, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely find! I don't trust the USPS with Pyrex... but I'm happy yours arrived safe and sound. It's crazy to almost have 2 sets of something, isn't it? I'm one bowl short of two complete early american cinderella bowl sets! And Gooseberry is my "new" pattern to collect - with hubby's permission, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pattern! And, the color!! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some Gooseberry pieces and we do use most of our Pyrex, but when my husband reached for a Gooseberry piece the other day, I gasped and said "NOOO!" I think he got the message. They are very, very special I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have also managed to put together two sets of these; love them! I'm trying to work up the nerve to start using the less than perfect set...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Congratulations on completing your set!

    ReplyDelete