Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pueblo Promo

Yesterday, I visited my pops for Father's Day. Naturally, I had to dive into my lucky Goodwill in St. Catharines. At first I couldn't see any Pyrex and then - shazam!
I spied this beauty. I was so excited that I knocked the lid (which is the best part about it), right off. I couldn't dive quickly enough with my hands, so I stuck my leg out hoping that it would miraculously take one for the team. Sure enough, the lid whacked my shin and made a softer landing on the floor. I squealed with delight and grabbed it.
According to the always awesome Pyrex Love blog, it is a Pueblo Promo Cinderella round casserole with "hugger" cradle. It dates to the early seventies. Click here for the write up. I like to think of some happy homemaker was placing this on the family table, while I was a little girl bopping around in bell bottoms.
I can't believe it only cost me a fiver. I feel like I'm on a winning streak.

6 comments:

  1. Now this is a cool piece for sure! Love the cradle with it. Congrats on a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda. It's very Southwestern in feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a photo of that same casserole and stand last weekend at the antique mall, where it was priced a mere $39.50!I left it there but had intended to post a pic and try to find out what it was. Now I know! Anyway, good for you! You got a deal, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! Though your poor shin must be pretty bruised (I had a similar incident with a pyrex lid before and boy did it hurt!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful find!! Great price too! I only have one dish with a holder like that, and it's the Old Orchard I posted about that I found last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! My mom found just the lovely grey casserole portion of this set for me and while I'd be perfectly happy to find the lid one day (I can live without the cradle) I'm obsessed with greys and almost passed out that I now own a lovely piece of grey Pyrex! I think other than the plates, it might be the only one in grey!

    ReplyDelete