Monday, January 31, 2011

Mmmm...Pie

I love to cook and bake. I have for years but of all the things I've made, I've never made a pie. Not a apple pie, not a no-bake pie, nothing. This was about to change.

I picked up a Aqua/Turquoise pie plate on ebay and made my very first pie ever. I didn't cheat with the crust either. All homemade.



The crust turned out beautifully, not too flaky, not to hard. The pie was chocolate pecan pie and baked up large and formed a crust (I think I used too much filling). Despite that it is/was delicious. I can now add pie maker to my resume.

It kinda bums me out when I read that some people just collect Pyrex and don't use it. This stuff was meant to be used! It totally makes food taste better. Don't let your pieces collect dust. Cook baby, cook!

11 comments:

  1. I just got the pink pie plate off ebay last week. Can't wait to make a strawberry pie in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Pyrex is meant to be used! That pie looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pie plate! I haven't seen one yet, so it's nice to see it...with a gorgeous pie in it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - use your Pyrex - I try to use something every day!!! Your pie looks really tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to use my pyrex. But my track record isn't great...I drop a lot of stuff in the kitchen...what if I break one of my pieces? Arrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* I can't wait to find the turquoise pie plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!! Nice looking pie and pie plate!! I am trying to get better about using my Pyrex. Food does look so much more appetizing in it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seen a pie plate some where but it wasn't that pretty seems like it was a light orange.

    I can't go looking today off work because of a Blizzard in Missouri everything closed for 2 days possibly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cook pie a lot in my opal white pan. But it would look so much nicer in a turquoise one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Both the pie and the plate ~ glad to see that you're stretching your skills because of your collection.

    ReplyDelete