Monday, November 29, 2010

Auction find--need help identifying!


Hi friends! It's great to see everyone using their Pyrex for baking & cooking. I recently attended an auction hoping to find Pyrex but actually ended up with a box of miscellaneous kitchenware. In the bottom of the box was this one piece of Pyrex.

Would anyone out there know what it's use might be?? There is no other Pyrex in the box but I thought it either might be for scientific purposes or for some part of a coffee or tea pot...would love to find a solution to this mystery. Please help if you can!

7 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain that you have found a glass electrical insulator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you MM--my husband hinted at that as well but he did not know for "certain"--hard to know how it ended up in that box though! Glad you took a look at it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not part of a teapot or coffee pot that's for sure.

    It might be an insulator, but I've never seen one. I hope Linda from Pyrex Love reads this and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a link. I think it's a Pyrex radio insulator. http://www.cyberbeach.net/~dknetzke/collection_glass_strains.htm#pyrex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SharonLou--I found one exactly like mine on the link you provided so yes, it is a radio insulator--mystery solved! You are better than a reference librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, You're welcome! Glad I helped. I think it's a pretty cool looking little do-dad and it's Pyrex!! :)

    ReplyDelete