Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Two Casseroles


Just wanted to share with you what I found at a local Salvation Army Thrift Store this week.

First was this Pyrex casserole made in England. Couldn't find the design in my 'book'. Maybe one of you know what it is.


The next casserole was made by Federal Glass and I really liked the crisp floral design.


As some of you have commented recently, it is very difficult to find 'pieces' that are reasonably priced. These were $3.99 and $1.99 respectively. Not too bad at all I thought.

Happy hunting all!

Jim

3 comments:

  1. Pretty pieces and pretty good prices also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid $3.99 for an English Pyrex casserole that size and didn't get a lid, so I'd say you did well. I don't know the name of that pattern, but I remember seeing it somewhere online; it's dogwood blossoms and I love dogwood. I'm sure somebody here will know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a Salvation Army last week, I saw a 401 Forest Fancies bowl priced at $6.99! I expect to see that price at antique malls, but not at thrift stores like SA!

    ReplyDelete