Thursday, November 4, 2010

I was stalking Pyrex today.

This little bowl was in the shopping cart of "stuff to be put out". I walked into the store and headed to usual spots of where they set out the dishware and saw nothing. I did the *no Pyrex sigh* and turned around and started to walk away. When hold up here comes this lady with a cart full of stuff to be put out. And my eye spots PYREX. In the bottom of the cart. (of course) First I checked to make sure she worked there. Check. Not a customer. Then I followed her around waiting for her to unload the cart. She was working pretty fast until someone stopped her and asked her for help. Me, what was I doing the whole time? Pretending to be interested in some really cheap figurines that were missing noses and ears and hair. Then she had to leave to go get someone else to ask them to help her help the customer. I was like, what....really? Oh oh Oh and then I lost patience and pounced on the cart. I started digging in the cart and finally got my hands on it. Then started my way up to the register to pay the dollar for it. SMILING!
I also did score these 2 pieces 50% off. Yes that is the lid. Each piece was marked $4.00. So that means I got them for $2.00 each.
I am not sure if I have shared or not. But I did visit an antique mall a bit ago and took photos of the Pyrex I found. You can see the post here on my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Pyrex stalking......hmm....been guilty of that myself! Thank goodness it's not a crime or I'd be doing some time! LOL...Great finds at great prices!! Don't ya just love it?? I really like the gold loaf dish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pyrex stalking is a perfectly acceptable behavior for a Pyrexamanic! So glad you got that cute casserole and in one of my favorite patterns. Love the green casserole and lid for $1 ea score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what. I have been out looking for a 8 x 11 baking dish this week and cannot find one anywhere. 9x13 and squares but not one the size a couple of my recipes calls for. I wonder if I can find one in Pyrex out in resale land? Came by to thank you for following my blog. Hope I do not bore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deals. That pattern reminds me of the flower motif on the Dating Game set - but in a good way.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guilty of Pyrex stalking too. Think of it as helping the employee unload his cart faster. Cute finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have totally stalked that piece! It's a 471, yes?

    ReplyDelete