Monday, November 15, 2010

Pyrex Saves the Day

Hi everyone! First time poster here. I've been lurking and er, drooling for awhile now and finally took the plunge to join up and share my obsession with people who get it =) I wanted to share a story with my first post, so here goes.

I'm an avid thrift shopper and garage mariner. I hopped out of bed super early on Friday to hit some estate sales which were a total bust. On my way home I stopped at a random yard sale and was leaving emtpy handed when I noticed a bit of aqua colored plastic peaking out from a paper bag under a table. Since I'm also a collector of vintage Tupperware my heart started pitter pattering. When I excavated the Tupperware (a lovely bread loaf container) I saw this beauty buried in the bag beneath random TW lids:


I scored the Tupperware AND the big yellow Primary bowl for one whole dollar. It absolutely made my day. The forces that rule Pyrex weren't done with me, however. On Saturday I hit a thrift shop and the jackpot!

Spring Blossom is the set I primarily collect and to add new pieces is such a great feeling. The gravy boat and tray, the Pyrex coffee mugs and the margarine tub were all additions to my collection. The Fire King platter was just a happy gift from the universe =)

Lastly, just wanted to say thank you to the creators and contributors of this great blog!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome! It is so nice to have others who appreciate our obsession with Pyrex. You did score and I rally love you nice collection of Spring Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such great pieces! And i love the term "garage mariner" ;) Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great haul! I love that fireking print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warm welcomes! =)

    ReplyDelete