Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Great Day for Pyrex!

I was dropping off some donations yesterday at Value Village, of course, I had to go in and browse for Pyrex.  It didn't seem like it was going to be the best of days - I was happy to walk away with the blue bowl from the primary set - for 99 cents.  As you can see, I put it into use today - using a clear Pyrex pan as well.
Then, they started restocking the shelves - I looked at the trolley - there was Golden Tulip sitting on the bottom - I grabbed it right up!  It's beautiful and in very good shape - $3.99 - I was happy with that!
I made my way to the cash, I thought I better take a look in the showcase - there was a Delphite cream and sugar set  -the clerk told me the price was $3.99 - but the tag read $9.99 - I got it for $3.99 - what a deal!!   I've only been collecting since September - and have been so lucky at the local Value Village - hope my luck doesn't run out!

8 comments:

  1. That Golden Tulip bowl is beautiful! So are the Delphite cream and sugar set! I almost swooned when I saw them. What lucky finds for you!! I'm jealous :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3.99! 3.99! It's really quite sweet deal for the delphite cream and sugar set! You are LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I love seeing pyrex in use :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You scored! The blue primary bowl only 99 cents and then a Golden Tulip bowl, gorgeous but the best yet...Blue Delphite cream and sugar for only $3.99....SCORE indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, where is your Value Village located, those are great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, you are going to have people flocking to your VV! What a great collection you are amassing...and with so little investment---but I know you put a lot of time into it and enjoy your results. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Golden Tulip would have been at least $7.99 at my VV! Especially with the lid. That blue bowl would not have been less than $2.99. They are so uneven in their pricing. And I paid $12.99 for the very same Delphite set at an antique mall! So yes, you scored big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky finds! You must be a super sleuth. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who loves and uses clear Pyrex as well as colored.

    ReplyDelete