Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Pyrex high

(I think you can click on the picture to make it bigger!)

Hi, again, fellow Pyrex collectors! Since my post from the other day when I mentioned that I was only collecting 403 bowls, things have changed and I have obviously thrown that idea out the window and bought much more - and I couldn't be happier with my finds! If I ever had a window of opportunity to avoid catching Pyrexia, well, that ship has sailed, and it has sailed quickly.

I decided to go on a thrifting extravaganza on Friday, and I ended up staying out all afternoon and into the evening, hitting up every second-hand store I could before they closed for the day. I had a great time, and I found three Woodland mugs (bought for my mom, who has other pieces in this pattern) for $1 each, a 403 Homestead bowl for $3.99, a 401 Horizon Blue bowl for $1.99, a clear glass jug with stopper for $2 (does anyone know anything about this piece?), and three Butterfly Gold mugs for $1 each. Yay!

I also have to share the crazy, wild giddiness I felt after leaving each store with my loot. I texted my mom mid-thift, and then called her as soon as I got home. She answered the phone not with "Hello?" but with "Tell me what you got!!" I squealed with delight, and we immediately got right down to Pyrex business...

7 comments:

  1. OMG will this gene be passed on to our children? I do see signs already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went Pyrexting (Pyrex thrifting) on Friday too and pulled quite a good haul. I will post as soon as I have a chance to photograph. I too had that giddy feeling, especially when the lady at SA discounted most of my items "for waiting so patiently in line"! (There was a sale on clothing so the line was a bit long).

    I know what you mean about not being able to focus on collecting only one particular type of Pyrex. When you see a mint piece in the store, you can't leave it behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 'mania' and your wonderful finds. I like that giddy feeling also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our family, the mania was passed UP to me, the mom, from my daughter Libby, who is a member of this collective. I think I might have to join, too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice finds!! I was like you, I was only going to collect specific types and colors of Pyrex.....hmmmmmm.....that lasted about a month, if that long!! LOL. This Pyrexia is like a drug, and I'm in withdrawals right now because I haven't found ANY Pyrex this past week! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great Carla--I have caught the spirit too now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! I decided to put milk in the glass container, and the white shows off the gold flowered pattern beautifully!

    ReplyDelete