Monday, November 8, 2010

pink help!

Hello!! Katie here, from katieebee. Just when I thought I wasn't ever going to find Pyrex in a thrift store again, my luck changed!

I found Pink 222 8-inch Pyrex. $1.99! I already have one just like it, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to snatch up another. I noticed that this one had a bunch of brown and blackish marks in certain areas. Mostly around the edge and on the bottom. I thought they might just come off with a little help from my friend, the sponge, but I haven't had any luck.
Any ideas or magic tricks?


6 comments:

  1. Try soaking it in really, really hot water for awhile, with baking soda and dish soap, then scrub it with one of those blue or green scratch-free sponges. It will take some elbow grease, but it should work. Good luck and great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few tips & tricks on cleaning vintage Pyrex on PyrexLove: http://www.pyrexlove.com/how-to-clean-pyrex/

    Looks like you might need to try the toothpick method for the crevices! :)
    http://www.pyrexlove.com/using-toothpicks-to-clean-pyrex/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to tackle stains like that by soaking with baking soda and then scrubbing! The hot water + baking soda seems to help loosen stuff up!

    I have a big article on my blog also for cleaning pyrex! :) http://incolororder.blogspot.com/2010/05/pyrex-series-cleaning-101.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try Barkeeper's Friend . It works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried it, but that Barkeeper's Friend is all I ever hear about. Apparently that stuff is the bomb-diggity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same piece and I didn't have a lot of luck with BF, baking soda, or toothpicks. I got it inexpensively and am considering spot application of oven cleaner. It's either that or learn to live with it.

    ReplyDelete